Business Writing Skills for Relief & Development Managers
In relief and development work majority of communication is in writing. There are stakeholders, donors, employees and partners to whom you need to select the write tone in writing and the right approach. A manager is required to be a professional communicator when it comes to relief and development.
We come up with this course to address the “research-based” needs of development workers and managers to further help their business writing skills. This comprehensive five-day training workshop will ensure the participants gain a change in their performance and not only some useful information.
· Fundamentals of writing
· Consider the data needed for business communication
· Identify ways to improve your current practices in writing
· The 7 C’s in business writing
· Using graphics properly to support your point
· Coherent writing
· Tone in business communication
· The You approach and proper persuasive approaches
· Difference between common types of business communication
· Principles of business writing
· Grammatical errors that we always make
· Review of common writing principles
· Formal writing ethics
· The 7 C’s in writing
· Types of writing and tone in writing
· The “YOU” approach in practice
· Direct and indirect communication
· Paragraph writing
· Paramedics writing (Practice to concise writing)
· The killing jargons
· Common types of proposals used in business
· Components of a proposal
· Give me a reason to read!
· What to put first and why?
· The art of proof reading
· Email reporting hints and ethics
· What is the point?
· Take the reader to a show
· How long is long enough in writing
Team leaders, NGO directors and project managers.